Catholic HEART Workcamp: Alexandria, KY
Sunday, June 30th-Saturday, July 6th
July 4th will be our free day for fun and fireworks!
- Monday, January 14th: Application & Deposit due - Pay online
- Monday, February 11th: 2nd Payment due* - Pay online
- Sunday, March 3rd: All Outstanding Paperwork due*
- Monday, April 8th: Final Payment due* - Pay online
*A $25 late fee will be assessed if not received by midnight on the due date.
All applicants must attend at least four Life Teen events, four CHWC activities, and participate in our CHWC Bake Sale Fundraiser. All fundraising opportunities must be completed by March 1st. All involvement requirements must be completed by April 1st.
- Sundays: Life Nights - click for upcoming dates!
- Wednesdays: Bible Study - click for upcoming dates!
- Various: Life Teen Sponsored Service Events - click for upcoming dates!
- Sunday, February 10th: Team Building: Ice Skating Social
- Fri-Sun, February 16th-17th: Destination Unknown / Permission Slip - Register NOW, only a few spots left!
- Tuesday, March 12th: Team Building: Game Night
- Saturday, April 13th: Team Building: Group Hike
- Wednesday, April 17th: Mission & Moe's
What is Catholic HEART Workcamp?
Do you have a HEART to share the love of Christ? Do you have a HEART for serving others—the neglected, brokenhearted and the marginalized? Would you like your HEART to be inspired to live as a disciple of Christ by serving others as a way of life? Do you want to grow in your Catholic faith through the sacraments, prayer and involvement in social service? Then Catholic HEART Workcamp may be right for you!
This year, we will be serving in the Cincinnati area. Teens who are currently in 8th-11th Grade are eligible to apply once they have met with our trip coordinator, have completed the CHWC application, and understand the pre-trip requirements. The sooner we meet, the sooner you can start your application. Both teen and a parent MUST meet with our trip coordinator to get the application! We will be going over the application process, costs, payment schedule, pre-trip requirements, logistics and more. If you are unable to attend one of our group interest meetings, contact Colleen Pittroff to schedule an appointment.
ANNOUNCING THE THEME FOR SUMMER 2019
R A D I A N T
This summer, we gather to celebrate our call to be radiant followers of Christ. We will love as He loved, serve as He served, and boldly put our faith into action. James 1:22 reminds us that we are to be “doers of the word and not merely hearers.” In other words, we are called to let our light shine and become witnesses for Christ. We are called to recognize that we are designed in His image and, therefore, equipped for greatness.
We invite you to illuminate your Catholic faith in your lives and the lives of others. At CHWC, we strive to do this through both words and deeds. Each of us can be a source of light to a darkened world when we lead with love. We can start by keeping our eyes fixed on Jesus. He assured us of a liberating promise in John 8:12 when He said, “I am the light of the world, He who follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”
With these words at heart, we invite you to join Catholic Heart Workcamp in our mission to serve with radiant spirits. This Summer, we embrace the exciting truth that we are…